Job Opportunity – Mechanical Designer
Malley Industries is currently looking for an experienced Mechanical Designer. If you have a passion for design, are driven by a sense of urgency for creating functional, robust designs, have enthusiasm for and knowledge of vehicles, like variety in your work, and enjoy working in a team environment then you might be the right person to join our creative Engineering team.
Malley Industries is a very unique company. We manufacture ambulances, wheelchair accessible and commercial vehicles for customers across North America and abroad. Because we manufacture so many different types of specialized vehicle conversions, no two days are alike in our modern manufacturing facility. If the idea of a varied work day and being part of a team of skilled manufacturing professionals appeals to you and you have the skills we’re looking for, we welcome your application.
You will be responsible for providing engineering support to the various cross-functional production departments. This may include, but is not limited to, generating engineering drawings, creating CNC programs, providing material estimates, maintaining bill of materials, reading and interpreting standards documents, writing test scripts, creating installation and operation manuals, troubleshooting with the production team, and parts inspection. The successful candidate will participate in initiatives to standardize common components and design across vehicle platforms as well as reduce costs by streamlining and bringing efficiencies to the engineering team.
• Post–secondary education in an engineering discipline, mechanical is preferred (degree or diploma).
• Minimum of 3 years’ experience in product design for manufacturing.
• Solid understanding of manufacturing and assembly processes
• Attention to detail and regard for high engineering and QMS standards
• Passion for vehicles and an aptitude for achieving the optimal functionality within vehicle spatial/regulatory/statutory/OEM requirements.
• Knowledge of 3D CAD Software, Inventor is preferred.
• Experience with CNC, MasterCAM is preferred.
• Demonstrated experience with drawing standards, which includes dimensioning and tolerancing.
• Experience providing design work estimates and accurate bill of materials
• Ability to develop scope of work based on customer requirements, and meet deadlines.
• Contribute to effective production/sales/design meetings
• Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
• Highly proficient oral and written communication skills in English required.
The successful applicant will be offered a competitive compensation package, including base salary, health and dental benefits.
Hours of work: Monday – Friday 8:30 a.m. – 5 p.m.
ONLY THOSE WHO INCLUDE VALID WORK-RELATED REFERENCES WITH THEIR APPLICATION WILL BE CONSIDERED.
How to Apply:
Work related references must be included with application.
Current employer will not be contacted without prior permission.
Submit resume in person, by fax or email
Please include job title in all correspondence.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.