Junior Mechanical Engineer / Technologist
Malley Industries has an entry level position available for a Mechanical Engineer / Technologist. If you have a passion for design, are driven by a sense of urgency for creating functional, robust designs, have enthusiasm for and knowledge of vehicles, like variety in your work, and enjoy working in a team environment then you might be the right person to join our creative Engineering team.
Malley Industries is a very unique company. We manufacture ambulances, wheelchair accessible and custom commercial vehicles for customers across North America. Because we manufacture so many different types of specialized vehicle conversions, no two days are alike in our modern manufacturing facility. If the idea of a varied work day and being part of a team of skilled manufacturing professionals appeals to you and you have the skills we’re looking for, we welcome your application.
Responsibilities: Reporting to the Director of Operations, you will be responsible for providing engineering support to the various cross-functional production departments. This may include, but is not limited to, creating concept models, generating engineering drawings, creating CNC programs, providing material estimates, performing FEA, reading and interpreting tenders and standards, writing test scripts, creating installation and operation manuals, troubleshooting with the production team, and parts inspection.
- Post–secondary education in an engineering discipline, mechanical is preferred (degree or diploma).
- Experience in manufacturing environment is an asset
- Understanding of manufacturing and assembly processes
- Attention to detail and regard for high engineering and quality standards
- Passion for vehicles and an aptitude for achieving the optimal functionality within vehicle spatial/regulatory/statutory/OEM requirements.
- Experience with 3D CAD Software, Inventor is preferred.
- Experience with CNC, MasterCAM is preferred.
- Contribute to effective production/sales/design meetings
- Highly proficient oral and written communication skills in English required.
Compensation: We offer competitive salary and group benefits.
How to Apply:
Work related references must be included with resume.
Current employer will not be contacted without prior permission.
Submit resume and cover letter in person, by fax or email
Please include job title in all correspondence.
1100 Aviation Ave.
Dieppe, NB, Canada
Fax: (506) 857-1745
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.