If you are an experienced Electical tradesperson with 5 or more years of on-the-job experience that will enable you to hit the ground running, your automotive-related troubleshooting ingenuity will be valued as we ramp up production output.
As a specialty vehicle manufacturer, we have a large backlog of customers eagerly waiting for the high quality finished specialized goods this company manufactures.
About the Company:
Malley Industries Inc. is a Moncton-based manufacturer of ambulances and other specialty vehicles. Our roots date back to the late 1970s when we began producing truck caps and customized vans. In the mid 1980s, we began manufacturing ambulances and wheelchair accessibility vehicle conversions. These, along with vacuum formed composite products for the automotive and industrial sectors, are the primary products of this multiple award-winning family-owned company now serving customers throughout North America.
You can be part of making a difference in the lives of others.
Our ambulances help save lives.
Our wheelchair accessible vans enable independence.
Our thermoformed products improve the safety and comfort of work vehicles
The Role / Responsibilities:
- Electrical installations on a wide variety of emergency and accessible vehicles. Tasks include but are not limited to the installation of emergency lights, ambulatory equipment, wheelchair lifts, power doors and heating/cooling systems
- Read and interpret work orders, technical literature and wiring diagrams / schematics
- Troubleshoot faulty electrical/electronic systems on new and used vehicles
- Work as part of a team of other technicians in a fast-paced environment
- Must have good interpersonal skills in English and a customer-focused approach to problem solving
- Must be able to complete reports to record problems that may have occurred
- This position requires an experienced electrical technician/technologist from the automotive or avionic fields – while it doesn’t require a red seal, 5 years of demonstrated experience is minimum.
- Mechanically inclined with experience in 12-volt DC systems, low voltage wiring
Working in vehicles requires agile people who can work in confined spaces to perform tasks that require bending, kneeling, lifting and overhead installations. Some tools required.
If you have applied previously, consider reapplying as the nature of our work has changed considerably in the last three years.
Compensation: Commensurate with demonstrated skills.
Hours Of Work: 40 hrs / week with Friday afternoons off
Job Type: Full-time, permanent, indoors, modern factory
Benefits: We understand the importance of healthcare and our high-quality products reflect this, helping save lives and reduce severity or injuries. As a result, we offer a benefit package with co-pay options for both single and family coverage:
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life insurance
- Vision Care
Other Benefits Include:
- Company events
- On-site parking
- Safety boot allowance
How to Apply:
Please include job title in all correspondence.
Work related references must be included with application.
Submit resume / cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTE: Canadian Citizens and Permanent Residents will be given priority.