Engineering and Product Development Manager
Malley Industries is one of North Americas leading manufacturers of ambulances, wheelchair accessible vehicles and other products. Recognized by customers and competitors for innovation and thinking outside the box, we are looking for a highly technical and organized Professional Engineer to embrace the opportunity to lead our engineering and product development team. In collaboration with production and other key stakeholders, you will be responsible for all engineering functions and projects across our three business lines.
The ideal candidate will have a background as a consulting engineer with hands-on Project Management and design experience. You will be disciplined and a self-starter, respected as a “jack of all trades” capable of motivating and leading personnel toward a shared vision.
Requirements: PEng. with Technical and Project Management experience and demonstrated leadership of teams from cross-functional disciplines. PMP designation a definite asset.
Experience: 5-10 years, preferably as consulting engineer responsible for project management.
• Engineering process development and improvement
• Research, develop, innovate, and support new products for our ambulance, mobility and composite business.
• Manage and lead engineering team
• Ensure Quality Assurance is maintained
• Manage product development resources
• Maintain product development hopper
• Execute and capture products
• Create or change processes where necessary
• Schedule projects with production
• Collaborate with management and production personnel to achieve optimal utilization of internal resources
Requirements / Skills
• Self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit and innovative creative-mind
• Well-rounded technically
• Extremely organized with superb work ethic
• Hands-on and practical experience
• Excellent communication skills and attention to detail
• Must be able to handle rapidly changing priorities and multiple projects with tight deadlines
• Experience developing products with an eye for repeatability
• Ability to draw in AutoCAD and Inventor
• Supervisory experience
Compensation: We offer competitive salary and group benefits.
How to Apply:
Work related references must be included with application.
Current employer will not be contacted without prior permission.
Submit resume / application in person, by fax or email
Please include job title in all correspondence.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.