Based in Dieppe, N.B., Malley Industries is a leading North American manufacturer of ambulances, wheelchair accessible vehicles and composite products for the automotive sector. We are looking for a detail-oriented Mechanical Engineering Technologist to join our engineering team.
The successful candidate will focus on the design and development of mechanical structure systems. This individual must be able to design basic structures using extrusion and sheet goods and be able to produce engineering drawings under the guidance of an engineer. The successful candidate will be required to prepare and perform static load testing on vehicles, and must be able to troubleshoot manufacturing issues, update drawings and use an ECN process. They will also be required to know or be willing to learn how to program a CNC router.
- Use Autodesk Inventor to design mechanical assemblies.
- Integrate vehicle OEM and other third-party devices into designs.
- Troubleshoot mechanical/manufacturing issues.
- Select appropriate hardware to be used.
- Prepare drawings, layouts, and material list.
- Maintain a clean and organized filing system.
- Ensure revision and document control procedures are followed.
- Program CNC machine using CAM software.
- Background in mechanical design and manufacturing.
- Diploma or degree in mechanical or mechatronics or be able to demonstrate knowledge of the subject matter. Posting is open to engineers, technologist, and technicians.
- Experience in drafting and assemblies.
- Experience with Autodesk Inventor/Fusion 360 will be preferred over other software packages.
- Experience in setting up and performing engineering tests.
- Some experience with CAM and CNC machining.
We offer competitive wages. Group health and dental benefits.
How to Apply
Work related references must be included with application.
Submit resume / cover letter by fax: (506) 857-1745 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include job title in all correspondence.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
NOTE: ONLY CANDIDATES CURRENTLY LIVING IN CANADA WITH VALID AUTHORIZATION TO WORK IN THIS COUNTRY WILL BE CONSIDERED.