Based in Dieppe, N.B., Malley Industries is a leading North American manufacturer of ambulances, wheelchair accessible vehicles and composite products for the automotive sector. We are looking for a detail-oriented Electrical Engineering Technologist to join our engineering team.
The successful candidate will be involved in the design and development of electrical systems. This will include electrical harnesses, selecting appropriate connectors and other hardware, designing basic logic circuits and lay-out of the schematics that will be used by production to manufacture the electrical system for an ambulance.
Candidates must be able to troubleshoot electrical systems using a systematic approach and must be able to work with relays, fuses, sensors, diodes, inverters, batteries and charging systems. Must understand wire gauge and application. This role is suited for an individual who is self-motivated and with a keen eye for details.
- Use Autodesk Inventor to design electrical harnesses and electrical assemblies
- Design efficient logic systems.
- Integrate with the vehicle OEM and other third-party devices.
- Troubleshoot electrical issues.
- Select appropriate hardware to be used.
- Prepare drawings, layouts, electrical schematics, and material list.
- Maintain a clean and organized filing system.
- Ensure revision and document control procedures are followed.
- Background in electrical design and manufacturing.
- Diploma or degree in electrical or mechatronics or be able to demonstrate knowledge of the subject matter. Posting is open to engineers, technologist, and technicians.
- Experience in drafting and assemblies.
- Experience with Autodesk Inventor/Fusion 360 will be preferred over other software packages.
- Computer programming skills would be an asset.
We offer competitive wages. Group health and dental benefits.
How to Apply
Work related references must be included with resume.
Submit resume and cover letter by fax (506) 857-1745 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include job title in all correspondence.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
NOTE: ONLY CANDIDATES CURRENTLY LIVING IN CANADA WITH VALID AUTHORIZATION TO WORK IN THIS COUNTRY WILL BE CONSIDERED.