Job Opportunity – Automotive Electrical Technician
Malley Industries has an immediate opening for an Automotive Electrical Technician. If you are mechanically inclined, have an aptitude for troubleshooting and a passion for finding the root cause of an electrical issue, you might be the person we are looking for to join the skilled professionals in our vehicle electronics department.
Based in Dieppe, New Brunswick, Malley Industries manufactures ambulances, emergency and wheelchair accessible vehicles.
The successful candidates will be mechanically inclined and have formal training and/or equivalent work experience in automotive electronics, including 12-volt DC systems, automotive or avionics low voltage wiring, the ability to read wiring schematics and troubleshooting experience. Must have good interpersonal skills and a customer-focused approach to problem solving.
• Perform electrical work on a wide range of vehicles. The tasks include but are not limited to the installation of emergency lights, ambulatory equipment, wheelchair
lifts, power doors and heating/cooling systems.
• Read and interpret work orders, technical literature and wiring diagrams.
• Troubleshoot faulty electrical/electronic systems on new and used vehicles.
• Work as part of a team of other technicians in a fast paced environment.
The successful candidates will:
• Must have a good understanding of electrical work and preferable 2-3 years of electrical experience.
• Be mechanically inclined and have formal training and/or equivalent work experience in electronics including 12-volt DC systems, low voltage wiring
• Have the ability to read wiring schematics and troubleshooting experience
• Be able to review work orders and discuss work with the Supervisor and rest of Electrical team.
• Must have good interpersonal skills and a customer-focused approach to problem solving
• Education: Diploma in avionics, automotive electronics, electronics, or equivalent
• Credentials (certificates, licenses, memberships, courses, etc.): Not required but would be an asset
• Must be able to complete reports to record problems that may have occurred.
Hours of work: Monday to Thursday, 8:00 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. Friday: 8:00 a.m. - noon
We offer fair wages for an honest day’s work.
Health and dental benefits.
ONLY THOSE WHO INCLUDE VALID WORK-RELATED REFERENCES WITH THEIR APPLICATION WILL BE CONSIDERED.
How to Apply:
Work related references must be included with application.
Current employer will not be contacted without prior permission.
Submit Resume / Application in person, by fax or email.
Please include job title in all correspondence.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.