Do you have a proven track record in Sales Management, Business Development, and fostering client/customer relationships? Malley Industries is seeking an experienced Director of Sales to join our team.
A multiple-award-winning manufacturer of ambulances, wheelchair accessible vehicles and automotive-related composite products for clients throughout North America, our New Brunswick-based family-owned company has a track record for leadership and integrity. The products we manufacture help people save lives, enable independence, and protect their vehicle-related investment.
We are seeking an experienced Director of Sales with strong relationship and strategic management skills to drive our organization’s international sales in collaboration with our highly skilled team of professionals. The successful candidate will be an experienced sales management professional who enjoys both the day-to-day challenges of a multi-faceted business yet also has the expertise and vision to be part of the company’s leadership team as it scales for continued growth. This role is very hands-on and is suited to professionals who have an entrepreneurial passion.
As the Director of Sales, you will be responsible for managing all sales operations for the organization. The successful individual will maintain responsibility for management of our results-driven sales team and relationships with our growing North American dealer network, as well as executing sales targets and estimating sales profits.
You are a highly motivated, entrepreneurial leader who can think strategically with the customer relationship in mind. You will be expected to develop and evaluate the sales strategy with ownership and then operationalize and execute on this daily. The ideal candidate will have experience creating sales strategies and processes, including market identification, defining sales functions, people management and nurturing relationships with current and prospective clients.
- Provide guidance, oversight, and mentorship to our sales team
- Strengthen and grow our North American dealer network through nurturing these important relationships
- Establish objectives and KPIs for the sales and business development functions across the three main divisions of the business
- Strong organizational and people management skills with the ability to develop and motivate the sales team through performance goals, plans and regular performance reviews
- Manage sales team transactions from origination to closing including prospecting, qualifying, structuring, and closing deals while maintaining an accurate sales pipeline
- Develop and maintain a network of key contacts and resources to source potential new business opportunities
- Design and implement strategic business development plans to reach and exceed sales targets
- Work with customers and dealers to better understand their business needs and goals, and work to identify new products or product enhancements to bring to market
- Develop plans and strategies to launch new product offerings
- Assess costs, competition, and supply and demand to identify selling prices
- Build and implement plans to increase sales force productivity
- Develop, manage, and lead marketing and business development campaigns
- Work closely with management to achieve growth objectives
- Develop and implement organizational customer service standards and policies
- Develop reports to facilitate decision-making discussions with the management
- Develop creative promotional tools and related go-to market strategies
- Participate in commercial activities such as trade shows and dealer development site visits
- Other duties may be assigned
- A minimum of 7 - 10 years performing in a progressively senior sales role, including direct sales and business development experience
- Sales / management / experience in a technical environment an asset, such as engineering or healthcare
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills required
- Available to travel throughout North America as required (valid drivers license & passport)
- Proven track record of contributing to the overall strategic direction and general management of a sales team, with the ability to work comfortably and collegially with senior executives and other members of the team
- Degree in business, marketing, sales, or strong technical background with a combination of education, training, and experience
- Excellent communicator and effective leader with strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to build trusted relationships with senior leaders and clients
- Ability to analyze results, identify underlying business trends and develop recommendations for future actions
- Bilingualism is an asset
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian Citizens and Permanent Residents will be given priority.
Commensurate with qualifications and experience. Group benefits.
1100 Aviation Avenue, Dieppe, New Brunswick Canada
April 30, 2021
How to Apply:
Please include job title in all correspondence.
Valid work-related references must be included with your application.