CAD / Drafting Technician
Malley Industries is seeking to hire a CAD / Drafting Technician to join our team. If you have an enthusiasm for and knowledge of vehicles, like variety in your work, and enjoy working in a team environment then you might be the right person to join our creative Engineering team.
Malley Industries is a very unique company. We manufacture ambulances, wheelchair accessible vehicles and thermoformed plastic components in our modern facility, and sell across North America. If the idea of a varied work day and being part of a team of skilled manufacturing professionals appeals to you and you have the skills we’re looking for, we welcome your application.
Reporting to the Director of Engineering, you will be responsible for providing engineering support to the various cross-functional production departments. This role will encompass creating concept models, technical drawings and CNC programs for the manufacture of ambulances and specialized vehicle conversions. Working with the engineering team in collaboration with production personnel, the CAD / Drafting Technician will incorporate engineering specifications and create product manufacturing drawings and schematics to support the development of consistent manufacturing processes.
· Demonstrated proficiency with CAD systems.
· Experience with 3D CAD Software, Inventor is preferred.
· Experience with CNC, MasterCAM is preferred.
· Ability to create electrical schematics is an asset.
· Understanding of manufacturing and assembly processes.
· Experience in manufacturing environment is an asset.
· Attention to detail and regard for high drafting and quality standards.
· Passion for vehicles and an aptitude for achieving the optimal functionality within vehicle spatial/regulatory/statutory/OEM requirements.
· Proficient oral and written communication skills in English required.
The successful applicant will be offered a competitive compensation package, including base salary, health and dental benefits.
All interested candidates are asked to send their cover letter and resume.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.